Thursday 14 March 2013

With Time and Tide - 2

Flights & Clouds

Aeroplane is one of the beautiful inventions of the modern science. I remember those days during my childhood, when me or my friends hear the sound of a plane, we used to rush to the terrace to see it flying. Many a times have wondered how this tiny (seen from the ground) flying object can carry human beings. Today, flight travel has become a normal mode of transport; but still away for many because of the money.

When I had my first plane travel to Singapore in 2008, I flew with the Singapore Airlines. Even though it was an Economic Class travel, it was just for 4 hours and it was very comfortable. Unfortunately, I didn't get a window seat that time; may be I was not intelligent enough to throw my towel to the seat through the window, to reserve one !! :D But this time I made sure I get a window seat for whole of my travel during reservation and checking in. Since I boarded early in the day around 2 AM, there wasn't much I could capture. Even I was feeling very sleepy, since I didn't sleep properly from the previous night.

It was Dragon Air in which I traveled from Bangalore to Hongkong. But this time it looked like I boarded the SETC bus wrongly instead of my plane. There was a box below the seat before me (also all of those window seats in that column), which made it difficult for me to stretch my legs. When I asked the flight attendants if that  can be removed for which they said they cannot and didn't care enough to explain what it is. The push back was not that great and the flight attendants never turned up when I wanted them to.Then my mind spoke up, "Fool ! Travelling in flight itself is so rare for you. Can't you adjust with this ? Remember you are travelling in economic class. This is 'Chinese variant of SETC' !!" ...zoooooooooooooooommmmmmmmm...

While landing in Hongkong

A Singapore Airlines filght taking-off from Hongkong

Above all the clouds and ocean

Towards the dawn

The dawn was too early.. Yes, I was travelling to the future i.e., towards east.. ;) Hongkong Airport is one of the largest in the world. The first place I visited there was the most wanted by all the passengers. The * TOILET *.... Yes, I didn't manage to overtake the queue which was waiting outside the washroom  in the flight.

Toilets taught me two important lessons:
1. Patience is larger than Pacific Ocean.
2. Not only western toilets, even those in east, will not have water, mug or bidet showers. Papers are our only saviors.

The truth is always hard to digest. But what to do, if my stomach digests faster than my mind, then I would be in trouble.

I attained wisdom :)

DO AS ROMANS DO, WHEN YOU ARE IN ROME !!!!!!!!!

(Will fly more.. )

No comments:

Post a Comment

இங்கே கிறுக்கவும் (Scribble here)